Top 10 Reasons to Use a Real Travel Agent!
1. You asked that great travel agent to give you several price quotes. She spent many hours of research and preparations on your quotes, but then you booked it yourself, not knowing she could have saved you $$$. Once on the ship, you realized the amenities & on board credits she could have offered you, would have been great!
2. You booked an entire house in Orlando on Airbnb during one of the busiest travel periods! You didn’t realize, though, Airbnb hosts can cancel reservations for any reason & they did- YIKES. It’s too late to get a hotel room in the city so you ended up at a cheap roadside motel 40 miles out of town. Did someone say bed bugs? YUCK!
3. You arranged your family’s big summer vacation all by yourself. Now your daughter doesn't want to go. So you asked your niece to go instead & assumed she could use your daughter’s airline ticket. NOPE! You had to call your sister to pick up her daughter from the airport (who broke down in tears) because she can’t go & now you’re out the full cost of her airfare.
4. The hotel you booked online said that your room was located in the beautiful "villa" section of the resort, so you thought you were getting an actual "villa" to stay in. Turns out yours was one of 16 rooms in stand-alone “villa” accommodations & what you actually got was a regular guestroom. Total Bummer. Who knew it would be so difficult to navigate all this coordinating?
5. You assumed the remote city you flew to late at night had Uber service (of course). Why wouldn’t it? So you didn’t arrange for a hotel transfer & any shuttles weren’t running that late at night. You ended up sleeping at the airport because you had to wait for cab service to begin again in the morning. UGH! Not a great way to start your vacation!
6. You decided 5 clicks of your mouse & your “dream vacation” is booked, quickly & easily. Voila! However you didn’t read the small print to read that your trip was completely nonrefundable, no matter what. You can’t go, due to a mandatory meeting at work & your vacation plans are now completely down the drain!
7. Your vaca plans went smoothly & you knew you didn’t need an agent, because you could do this on your own! However a blizzard is headed towards NYC. When “cancelled” signs show up on all the outgoing flights, other passengers get on the phone with their travel agents to re-book them asap. But...you didn’t use a travel agent! You sent an email to the “info@” address listed on the website you booked with, and called their 800 number (which was already closed on a Sunday) but didn’t hear back from them until the following Monday, AFTER you’d already rented a car on your own & driven the 2,000 miles to get back home. What a Nightmare!
8. You were excited about that gorgeous getaway with a group of your sweet besties. All of them booked through a travel agent but you, did it on your own, because you’re smarter than most people. Shocker- you were the only one to get a bill for your first big meal together. Their travel agent had been able to get them a free breakfast, every day! The website you booked on didn’t provide that. A $49 breakfast buffet? This was turning in to the most expensive trip, ever.
9. On vaca, all your friends got upgraded suites, again, because of their amazing travel agent. They joyfully received the news when you all checked in together. When you got to the front desk, the attendant silently handed you a keycard to a double guestroom overlooking the parking lot. When you tried to get a suite, he told you your reservation was not available for upgrades, but if you wanted to, you could re-book for $450 a night. All your friends still joke about your tiny, tiny room.
10. A co-workers spouse is a travel agent & even showed you her "official" travel agent license in her wallet. You trusted her to book your family reunion but didn’t realize she was part of a big scheme until she tried to get you to become a travel agent, too. She promised you lots of free airline & hotel benefits if you joined her network & told you it would only cost $100 to get a license, too. She still hasn’t made your vacation reservations & when you checked her Facebook page, you saw she was off vacationing in Mexico. Should have used a travel agent in a recognized business network. Dang! Maybe....next...time...
Escape Destinations Travel Blog- Exploring our favorite travel places with You!
Check Out our Archives-