Most cruises last typically 7 days, if you're short on time but dying to get away, consider a 3-4 day cruise! There are still super cruise itineraries on a short hop to your island destination!
Here's our Top 10 Super Tips to Help You Maximize Your Short Cruise:
1. Remember all your Pre-Cruise Plans (the plane tickets, driving route) so you can get there as stress-free as possible.
2. Get Involved While on Board! Join the awesome pool parties, karaoke, dance parties, meet and mingles, etc. Don't forget all those awesome shows onboard, they are fabulous and fun!
Feeling shy...remember this: you'll never see any of these people again so go and have the time of your life!
3. Eat All over the Ship! Don't just do the buffet lines, the main dining experience is truly amazing, and the wait staff attentive and polite. They get to know you, and even know your likes and dislikes, and aim to please. There are many times other eating venues onboard too, so don't forget these!
4. Consider the Drink Packages! If you are a drinker and want to get your money's worth on soda or alcohol, then you may wish to purchase an all-in-one priced package. However, weigh the costs and your personal level of beverage consumption before doing so.
5. Show up Early! Yeah I said it, get there as early as possible so you can maximize your time in "vaca mode"! You could be eating at a yummy buffet at noon and scoping out the best seat by the pool, before many have even gotten to the port. You can be one of the first folks to get on the ship!
6. Over Pack! You can re-use that bathing suit again, and mix and match with some basic wardrobe ideas like the colors blue and black (they go with so many options). Last thing you want is to be lugging a big, heavy suitcase all over the ship on your way home...or even to the port to begin with.
7. Let the Lines Bother You! You're on vacation, chances are there will be some lines, but hey, "No Worries" you're on a beautiful ship, out in the gorgeous big, blue sea....take it all in stride. Enjoy yourself, and relax! The other cruisers want to get in and get out too, so be patient and polite. If the line is too long, why not try the other venues available on the ship? Many times meals and snacks are served poolside (or nearby) so follow your nose to something yummy smelling!
8. Worry about Your Cabin Location- You won't be in your room much (except to sleep and see #9) so wherever it is on the ship, just be thankful you have one to change clothes and get out there some more for fun-fun-fun!
9. Don't Plan on Sleeping Much! With things to do nearly 24/7 you won't want to waste any precious times sleeping (hey you can sleep on the plane ride home)! I am not a night-owl but with a cup of Joe, I can stay up a bit longer to enjoy a show, the casino, a night-club, contests or simply people watching.
10. Go Overboard! Hey, not like over the ship's rails but overboard on doing too much, try to pace your day's events out. I love to bring a pen and highlighter and either the night before or the day of, I highlight what events I'd like to plan, as you can't possible see and do everything!!
Well, there's a quick list of Top 10 Tips to maximize your limited time on a short cruise! Go ahead and book that mini-vacation cruise...you're worth it! We'll see you on board!
Escape Destinations Travel Blog- Exploring our favorite travel places with You!
Check Out our Archives-