As a travel specialist, one of the questions I hear most is “Why should I book with a travel agent, when I can simply book directly on the web with the cruise line, resort, hotel, etc?”
Great question! Purchasing a vacation should be a personal experience. All vacations are not alike, & the best vacation experience is one where the vacation is matched to you!
Check out these 6 quick reasons to book with an experienced travel consultant – specifically one that specializes in cruise & land vacation travel.
1. Your Time is Precious. Who wants to spend hours sorting through the hundreds of cruise ship & land options? We're always happy to work for you – it’s what we truly love to do.
2. Reliable Pricing. Have you ever logged on to a web-only site to research pricing on a particular vacation? You’ll see one price & you say to yourself, great – Hey...I think I’ll book it now. Sometimes though, that’s not the only price available; there may be other promotion codes, hidden prices (add-ons) as well, allowing for many different rates for the same choices. A knowledgeable consultant will let you know whether any price discounting is available resulting from any special promotions, group pricing, or whether you might qualify for a past passenger rate, a military rate or other special discount &/or added amenity's offered.
3. Personalized Service. Have you ever been frustrated with the 800-number large web-based agencies, waiting on hold, unreturned phone calls, or simply tons of mis-information? In some cases, the representative you are dealing with has never even stepped foot where you're going & is just relating information from the site's own website. Since you have my cell number (and our other consultants personal numbers) we will never leave you hanging, always returning calls & emails promptly. A really good consultant knows what you’re looking for in a vacation & will make it happen in an expedited, friendly & professional way.
4. Support a Local, Small Business. With thousands of agencies out there beckoning for your business – brick & mortar and on-line agencies alike – competition is very fierce. We're small, independent business – that has access to the same resources as the big web agencies as well as personal experience & unmatched service you won’t find anywhere else. Thank you for making us your travel consultant! Thanks for entrusting us with your vacation dreams.
5. Help Always. Did you know that if you have already booked directly with the cruise line or vacation package company, you can still transfer that booking to our company? Simply let us know, & we will take care of the whole process. Your cruise or vacation package stays exactly the same, you will receive great service, we'll keep you as our guest & as a friend. Everyone wins!
6. We Have your Back. If any problems should arise before or during your vacation, we will advocate on your behalf. Usually with really great results!
So, you may then ask, "Why are travel agents still the best tool to book vacations in the information age?"
The internet won’t call a customer back, won’t wait on hold on your behalf, with an airline or hotel so you don’t have to, adjust plans due to unexpected developments or act as your “mission control” for all facets of your cruise vacation or vacation package – before, during and after. You can't ask the internet questions prior to booking. Travel consultants work as personal advisors to provide their clients with the best travel experience before during and even after their trip.Thanks to their in-depth knowledge, experience and industry connections, travel consultants are able not only to save their clients money, but their most valuable possession—their time.
Being available constantly 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.... Calling clients in Germany, Costa Rica if they need me... It's about being there to create the most perfect experience!
Escape Destinations Travel Blog- Exploring our favorite travel places with You!