Here we are on our 2nd trip to Jamaica (other stops included Labadee, Haiti & The Caymans). We use the tips I 'm sharing, to make vacation dreams a reality for our own family!
In a perfect world, we'd all have fully funded vacation accounts full of lots of money to pay for our annual family getaways. The reality is that most of us are just now starting to think about this holiday season and next summer's vacation. Here are some fast-track ways to save for your big trip.
1. Start with a spending plan-Decide upfront how much you'll spend on your vacation. Get specific. Hey, write it down!
2. Sacrifice now for lots of fun later-Where can you scrimp and save to have extra funds for Travel?
3. Build cash with a 'Pantry Week'-One week each month, For one week each month, from now until your trip, stay out of the grocery store and eat only what you have in your house.
4. Eat out less, save big- Consider brown bagging it, and cooking more from home, it's better for you health wise and will save you money from spending on meals out.
5. Make a visual savings wall chart- Keep track of what you’re saving for, your family members would get on board with this and love seeing the progress. Nothing beats sharing the "vision" together!
6. Sell your stuff- What can you sell NOW to earn some cold, hard, cash?!?
7. Use your tax refund – right now- April 15th just past us, so put those IRS refund dollars into a dream trip, instead of home improvements.
8. Let credit cards pay you back- Let your rewards pile up and then use towards plane tickets, etc. I know several people that do this and it works well for them.
9. Pay for All of Your Trip Up Front-This is the way I prefer to vacation, as stress-free as possible. We like to head on vacation with NO Debt owed for the trip. We pay for our tips/gratuities, any extra trips, etc. in advance. I like to go on vacation knowing that everything has been covered, and I can truly relax with no worries about finances!
Don't stop til you reach your vacation goals! You'll too be at a tropical island like we were, and soon enjoying Jamaica, The Caymans, Labadee, Haiti or another exotic place very soon!!
Escape Destinations Travel Blog- Exploring our favorite travel places with You!