8 Quick Money Saving Tips for Cruisers!
1. Booking through a Travel Agent can get you special perks like discounted transfers, amenities, extra service, coordinated flights, book you within a group, offer many times a much lower price and specialized, unique shore excursions.We’ve got you covered!
2. Room service is free (with most cruise lines) but specialty restaurants, bistros, alcohol and cafés cost extra.
3. The absolute least expensive time to cruise is during the fall months of the year (think hurricane season).But not to worry, the captains are well trained on avoiding any major storms and will steer clear of these.
4. Book any special spa treatments on days that the ship is in the port. Services will cost less, and there will be minimal lines!
5. Formal nights are optional on most cruise lines. Pack lightly and if you’re not into all that hype and pomp, just dress casual, skip the formal night and hit the delicious nightly buffet.
6. Choose a larger, newer ship for the kids; they’ll have more activity choices to choose from and won’t get as bored.
7. Save money by booking shore excursions through a tour company or a Travel Agent instead of the cruise line. Sometimes, you can save up to 30%!
8. Book early! The best fares are available as soon as the sailings are announced with each cruise line. This can be 12-18 months out from the date of embarkation and this timeframe can save you a lot of money.
Escape Destinations Travel Blog- Exploring our favorite travel places with You!