10 FAST Money Saving Tips for Cruisers! By Jen Campbell of Escape Destinations Travel
1. Did you know that the least expensive time to cruise is during the Fall months and the first week of December.
2. Booking through a Professional Travel Consultant (like Escape Destinations Travel) can get you special perks like transfers, discounts not found online, special amenities, great gifts, extra service, coordinated flights, and unique shore excursions.
3. Formal nights are optional on most cruise lines these days. Always try to pack lightly.
4. Room service is free for most all cruise lines, but specialty restaurants, bistros, and cafes do cost extra.
5. Consider booking spa treatments on days the ship is in port. These “specialty” services will cost less, and you will not need to stand in line.
6. Choose a large ship for the children; they will have more activity and exciting choices to choose from on the larger ones.
7. Save money by booking shore excursions through a tour company, or your Travel Consultant instead of the cruise line. Many times your savings can be as much as 30% or more per excursion!
8. Always book your cruise early! The best fares are available as soon as the sailings are announced by each cruise line. This can be nearly 12-18 months out from the date of embarkation.
9. Allow your Travel Consultant to handle every aspect of your booking (from start to finish). They are the professionals and know how to handle the booking(s) from start to finish.
10. Booking with a Travel Consultant allows them the opportunity to either check rates for the cruise you’re booked on and get you a discount, upgraded stateroom, or $$$ in your pocket should the price go down.
What's YOUR Best Tip for Saving money on your Cruise(s)? Share with us below:
Escape Destinations Travel Blog- Exploring our favorite travel places with You!